A search of environmental liens is necessary to determine any debts attached to the title of a property or debts that had previously been attached. Additionally, a search for Activity and Use Limitations (AULs) is necessary to find requirements mandated by an authority or agency on the allowable or prohibited uses or activities associated with a property. A search of environmental liens and AULs is necessary to meet the requirements of the EPA’s “All Appropriate Inquiry” (AAI) and the ASTM E1527-13 standard.
The Environmental Lien & AUL report provides national coverage drawing from a network of abstractors in every local jurisdiction.
- Reports environmental liens recorded in the local land records office filed on the subject property back to the last transaction
- Reports activity and use limitations, environmental encumbrances, institutional and engineering controls filed on the subject property back to the last transaction
- Lists the owner of record and details of the last title transaction for the subject property
- Includes a legal description of the subject property
- Includes a copy of the most recent deed or legal document transferring title–when available
- Documents the specific local office or agency that is responsible for the recording of land title documents